2016-2017 Grade 1/2 Classroom

Setting up the classroom


Welcome back to school! I hope everyone had a great summer.  

I wanted to share the new things in my classroom with our followers. I have a split 1/2 class this year, which means I have quite a few students from last year coming back into my room. So I commandeered my children and their friends and girlfriends/boyfriends to come and help. It turned out fantastic. I get so excited each year with a fresh new start but this one feels the best so far. 

I tried to create separate areas, and independent activities throughout the classroom, because there will be times when I need students to work independently when I am working with the opposite grade. 

Here is what it looks like, starting with the outside of my classroom and door. 




Here is inside the classroom.  








My daughter Jocelyn felt that I needed a desk fairy this year.
 This is how her little desk fairy turned out. 


I should have taken a close up.  I will take one this weekend and post it with the new writing centre I just finished tonight. 

I would like to shout out a thank you to all the wonderful people who helped with my room, including my friends two sweet children, 
Abbey and Ella!  

Hope everyone is having a good start to the new year. 

Christine

Comments