2016/17 School Year! Here--We--Go!

It's that time!!! Say it isn't so!!!

Are you ready?

I took the summer off from all things teaching (well, for the most part) and enjoyed every-last-drop!

I have loved being home with my daughter all summer and watching her change and grow. Nothing beats quality time. Nothing.



I hope you all had a great summer and are ready to hit the ground running, as we meet our new kiddos for the year!

This year I have moved schools once again (insert shocked face). HAHA! I was the second lowest in seniority at my last school and was redudant. I have decided to return to teaching half-time again this year, in order to be home half a day with my daughter. 

My position this year is 'LSST' (Learning Support Services Teacher). I provide support to students with needs in the classroom and implement the PALS program (an early reading program) to JK/SK students. Like always, I try to add my own spin into everything I do in the classroom, so I will try to blog some new ideas I have throughout the year on the blog. 

If you don't already follow us on FACEBOOK, please do. That way you'll be able to keep track of new blog posts and new materials that we create. 

I need to meet my littlest learners and see where they are at. Some may be only 3 (turning 4) and others are close to 5, so I love to see what they are familiar with, as they begin the school year. We have a few sound tests we do with them, but I like to make it fun, too. 

Stay tuned for a few new ideas...



Wishing you a great start to the school year!



~Kaitlin~

Comments

  1. I am looking forward to your new ideas as LSST and your PALS program. Explore more learning activities for kids in http://www.kidsfront.com/exploration.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment