Gingerbread Week

I don't normally get caught up into themes when I teach, but I find myself drawn to them this year. Maybe it is the young grade I am teaching or maybe it is just because some of these packages are so darn cute! It's going to be a gingerbread week in our class. I found this great language package that I am so excited to use with my first graders. This package has some great vowel sound activities/centers, as well as reading and writing projects for your students.  
 

Other things going on this week are:

...decorating our own gingerbread men. 


...reading different gingerbread stories. 


...writing our own gingerbread stories.


...watching the gingerbread story


...learning the gingerbread man song



Decorating for the Holidays

I went into the school today and decorated for the last two weeks. This is how the chimney turned out. I can't wait to see the student reaction tomorrow morning. 


I found the stockings at Micheal's craft store and writing on them was easy-- I used a sharpie. I also glued a pocket envelope on the back of them for their Christmas coupon. I am giving each student a gift card for a free book from the Scholastic book club. 



Only 10 school days left before the Holidays begin. I hope everyone has a great week this week. 

In my spare time...

I talked about making a wedding cake as a gift for a friend a couple weeks back. I'm including a picture of the wedding cake I made. It is a chocolate and vanilla cake, with swiss buttercream meringue icing and a chocolate ganache poured on top. I found the recipe to this delicious cake at bakinginpyjamas.com . 
  The wedding was fantastic and the cake was a hit as well. 



Sincerely,
Christine

Comments