Please share your book binding Ideas!

Book Binding

I am always looking for new ways to bind books that the students create. I have noticed that students take pride in their work when you take something simple and turn it into something extraordinary.

Here is what we did with our Days of the week Hungry Caterpillar Books.



Here is a step by step instruction on how to bind your book with an elastic and Popsicle stick.
If you haven't seen it before, you will be WOWED like I was the first time I saw it.

Step one:  Put two holes on the side of the book you are going to bind.

Step Two:  Thread the elastic from the back of the book through the hole to show the loop. 


Step Three:  Put one end of the Popsicle through the loop. 

:  

Step Four:  Follow the same instruction for the other hole and secure the Popsicle stick with the elastic. 


Step Five:  Finished Product. I have done this many times and finished the booklet in a variety of ways. I have used coloured Popsicle sticks, I have put the students name on the Popsicle stick, and my favourite so far is what we did to these books. 

We decorated the stick and made it look like a caterpillar. 


What are your ideas????? Please share!  I am so excited to see how you bind a book!


Thank you 
Christine


Comments